1. I'm taking Clara to the ped this afternoon. Her growing pains are back... 2. I feel like my gift for M's daycare is lame. Oh well. 3. I can't wait for teething to be over for a bit and we can go back to only a few wake ups each night. 4. I am starting to reach the anticlimatic stage of the holidays. 5. I am happy my family is coming, but it almost seems like more work than it's worth for the amount of time they are here. 6. My parents eat out a lot and keep saying that's what we should do while they are here, but it is not easier for us, for several reasons. 7. Just let me cook! 8. DH is at like a 12 over their visit right now. It's not like him, and I know it's because he's sick right now, but that is not making it easier for me. 9. Margaret was congested this morning. FX it's from teeth and not DH's illness. 10. At this rate I'm primed to come down with the plague on Christmas eve
1. I wish I was taking more time off at the holidays. I am off on Fridays and I get the Mondays after Christmas & New Year's off.. but need more time.
2. I am really looking forward to January. No plans all month! I want to spend every Saturday organizing/cleaning a different part of our home. Our closets & shelves are a nightmare.
3. I've convinced MH we need to buy an elliptical! If anyone has any recs let me know
4. One of my bosses embarrassed me in a meeting yesterday. She apologized privately afterwards and said she was just kidding, but I'm having a hard time getting past it. It's taken me a long time in my career to get confident and comfortable speaking up in front of groups, and I feel like this set me back.
5. I need to start a countdown to when I switch to part-time and C starts day-care. The countdown would be called "X days until we stop having other people in our house all day and I come home to things dirty/broken/not where I left them". Kidding but not.
6. MH and I talked the other night about our next house and while I think it's about 4-5 years out, I've been spiraling on Zillow.
7. Sort of related, but we just discovered HGTV in our house and we are hooked.
8. I'm feeling guilty b/c we never scheduled the one-year follow up at C's pediatric GI for his reflux and I decided last week to drop him down to 1x a day with the Zantac and see how he does (the GI gave the green light to do this at his last visit, it didn't go well so we went back up to 2x). He slept poorly all weekend (but was teething, so) and so far today he's vomited up his food and had hiccups. Think I jumped the gun.
9. Also feeling guilty for snapping at MH last night about stupid household stuff. He was already stressed and I made it worse, and it really wasn't necessary. Ugh.
10. A client sends our office a huge tray of fancy chocolates every year - this thing is legendary - the email just went out that it's in the kitchen. Off I go...
Post by baylorbear on Dec 20, 2016 13:46:57 GMT -5
byjove hope everyone feels better geners I'm sorry your boss embarrassed you but enjoy your chocolates!
1. My kids have been napping at the same time for the last week. I don't know if it's because they are still sick but I'll take it!
2. Maddie is doing a great job with potty training so far, I am so proud of her.
3. I told her she could have a big prize for pooping in the potty, which she did, and wanted the Disney little people Christmas castle. I got Katy that for Christmas from Santa so we will have two.
4. I'm going out for lunch with H and his co-workers tomorrow while my mom watches the kids. I'm excited to hang out with people who do not have kids because while I love my kids, it's nice to hear about other things. I'm just hoping they don't talk about science since they all have PHDs in a science field. I have my masters degree but it's in teaching.
5. H is off Thursday until the new year. Im happy to have him home for so long but he still hurts from his procedure so he's not as helpful as normal. It will be nice when he is 100% again.
6. Stressing out a little about selling our house and buying a new one, but I am so excited to move to our forever home!
7. This will be the first Christmas is five years we will be at our own home on Christmas morning, I am excited.
8. I'm trying to decide if we will have M evaluated for her speech again but I think I will wait a little longer.
9. After her little friend was talking to her about Santa, we had to convince her he would leave the presents outside and not come in our house. She's a little sensitive and told us "santa stay outside, no in my house."
10. K has her 1 year appt on Thursday. I'm interested to see how much she weighs! We are switching to whole milk and trying to get her off of bottles so we will see how that goes.
1. I am officially on break! 2. DH bit my head off as soon as I walked in the door tonight. Not a great start. 3. I plan on doing a lot of organizing tomorrow. I hope I don't have my expectations set too high. 4. I cannot stop buying the holiday (peppermint) sundae cones. I have a problem. 5. A did great with one nap today. No screaming and went to bed easily tonight. Apparently I need a little push to make changes to our routine. 6. The bottom molar is finally coming through. Hallelujah! 7. There is some tension between a coworker and our supervisor. Our meeting this morning was awkward to say the least. 8. I'm hosting Christmas and while I'm excited to stay home, I miss not having to cook. 9. There is snow and the bitter cold is gone (for now). 10. I have almost watched every episode of desperate housewives and I'll be sad when it's over. 11. Bonus- we watched the new Nashville on CMT and it was actually pretty good!
Then Comes Family, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising
program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.